Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is a full-service forensic engineering and accident reconstruction firm, providing engineering support to clients in the areas of accident reconstruction, premises liability, and product liability. We utilize the latest technology for documenting evidence and retrieving data including FARO 3D scanning, aerial drone imaging, and black box downloads. Our forensic engineers are mobile, supporting clients mostly in Florida and the southeast but also throughout the U.S. We are headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida with satellite offices in Jacksonville, FL; Tampa, FL; and Tucson, Arizona. We are a small business with a family like atmosphere. We are hiring an experienced testifying Biomechanical Forensic Engineer with accident reconstruction experience and a PhD in Biomechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering in Central or South Florida. Please see the job description below.
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Make decisions and independently plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of complex engineering activities.
- Direct the inspection, documentation, and preservation of project evidence. Document evidence photographically, with basic measurements, using laser scanning and drone equipment. Download electronic data from vehicles. Perform accident reconstruction and product testing, ensuring related safety requirements have been addressed.
- Discuss new file assignments with clients, determining the objectives and file issues.
- Prepare report of findings for submission and discussion with client.
- Provide deposition and trial testimony.
- Direct activities of team members and ensure team members embrace corporate philosophies and techniques, policies, procedures, and other requirements. Participate in and conduct training sessions, as needed. Mentor other engineers.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving matters for invoicing each month.
- Communicate the projected costs of a case to clients to help manage the clients’ expectations. Complete project files within established budgets and assist in resolution of client complaints and billing questions that cannot be resolved through the accounting team.
- Perform marketing functions, give marketing presentations, attend trade shows, and attend social and marketing events in accordance with corporate marketing needs and to sustain productivity for yourself and team personnel.
- Develop technical knowledge by studying, reading, taking classes, attending seminars, learning from others, using videos and other resources available. Attend courses specifically focused in technical area of expertise, as well as courses developed for accident reconstruction. Keep abreast of new technologies and developments.
- Responsible for the accomplishment of billable goal requirements.
- Manage team fieldwork equipment use and maintenance. Make recommendations for new equipment. Hold a Professional Engineering license in the State of Florida and complete the continuing education required to maintain this license.
- PhD in Biomechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with an active P.E. license in Florida or ability to obtain one
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in forensic engineering and accident reconstruction
- Deposition and trial testifying experience
- Good communication skills and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work well with others in a Team Environment
- Ability and desire to train and mentor others
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Customer Service oriented and can form strong lasting relationships with clients
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at any given time
- Ability to travel approximately 20% – 30%
- Honest with high Integrity, Flexibility, Adaptability, and Professionalism
Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work in a smoke free and drug free environment. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Training opportunities are encouraged and paid for by the company. We strive to be as paper-free as possible and environmentally friendly. Safety is important to us and we provide safety training which includes documented safety processes and procedures as well as on-the-job safety training. Please email us at info@Qforensics.com if you are interested in applying for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.