Entry Level Mechanical Engineer – Tallahassee, Florida
Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is a full-service forensic engineering firm, providing engineering support to clients in the areas of accident reconstruction, premises liability, and product liability. We utilize the latest technology for documenting evidence and retrieving data including FARO 3D scanning, aerial drone imaging, and black box downloads. We are providing a wonderful opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in the fields of forensic engineering and accident reconstruction. We continuously encourage growth opportunities. Company sponsored external training courses will be provided, in addition to on-the-job mentoring and training from our Engineers, who are happy to share their knowledge. Our forensic engineers are mobile and ready to help clients when needed, supporting clients throughout the U.S. We are headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida with remote locations in Jacksonville, Florida; Tampa, Florida; and Tucson, Arizona. We are a small business with a family like atmosphere and we care about our employees.
We are currently seeking an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer to join our Accident Reconstruction and Forensic Engineering Team in Tallahassee, Florida. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a well-rounded Mechanical Engineer, with strong engineering skills as well as an adventurous spirit, to explore the niche fields of forensic engineering and accident reconstruction. The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible, adaptable and be able to think outside the box in order to solve complex engineering challenges. Check out our website at: www.Qforensics.com.
- Conduct forensic engineering and accident reconstruction. Direct the inspection, documentation, and preservation of evidence. Document evidence photographically, with basic measurements, using laser scanning and drone equipment. Download electronic data from vehicles. Perform product testing. Ensure related safety requirements have been addressed.
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Make complex decisions and independently plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of complex engineering activities.
- Discuss new case assignments with clients, determining the objectives and issues.
- Prepare the report of findings for submission and discussion with the client.
- Work as a team with co-workers and embrace corporate philosophies and techniques. Embrace the following corporate values:
- Quality and pride in the work we do
- Excellence in forensic engineering
- Rapid Response to document the scene
- Integrity through honest and ethical practices
- Experience using sound engineering principles
- Professionalism in all aspects of the case
- Communicate the projected costs of a case to clients to help manage the clients’ expectations. Complete project files within established budgets and assist with the resolution of issues or questions that may arise.
- Be prepared and comfortable with performing marketing functions. Give marketing presentations and attend trade shows, socials, and marketing events.
- Participate in training sessions, on-the-job training as well as on-line and in-person training. Develop technical knowledge by studying, taking training courses, attending seminars, learning from others, using videos and other resources available. Keep abreast of new technologies and developments and recommend any new technologies that would be useful for forensic engineering.
- Accomplish billable goal requirements.
- Manage team fieldwork equipment use and maintenance. Make recommendations for new equipment.
Mechanical Engineering Degree
Good communication and writing skills
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ability to work well with others in a Team Environment
Strong organizational and time management skills
Customer Service oriented and can form strong lasting relationships with clients
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at any given time
Ability to travel approximately 20% – 30%
Honest with high Integrity, Flexibility, Adaptability, and Professionalism
Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work in a smoke free and drug free environment. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Training opportunities are encouraged and paid for by the company. We strive to be as paper-free as possible and environmentally friendly. Safety is important to us and we provide safety training which includes documented safety processes and procedures as well as on-the-job safety training. Please email us at info@Qforensics.com if you are interested in applying for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.