Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is a full-service forensic engineering and accident reconstruction firm, providing engineering support to clients in the areas of collision reconstruction, premises liability, and product liability. We utilize the latest technology for documenting evidence and retrieving data including FARO 3D scanning, aerial drone imaging, and black box downloads. Our forensic engineers are mobile, supporting clients throughout the U.S. We are headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida with a satellite office in Jacksonville, Florida. We are looking to expand by opening a remote office in Central and/or South Florida. We are a small business with a family like atmosphere.
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Make decisions and independently plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of complex engineering activities.
- Direct the inspection, documentation, and preservation of project evidence. Document evidence photographically, with basic measurements, and with laser scanning and drone equipment. Download electronic data from vehicles. Perform accident reconstruction and product testing, ensuring related safety requirements have been addressed.
- Discuss new file assignments with clients, determining the objectives and file issues.
- Provide deposition and trial testimony.
- Prepare report of findings for submission and discussion with client.
- Direct activities of team members and ensure team members embrace corporate philosophies and techniques, policies, procedures, and other requirements. Participate in and conduct training sessions, as needed. Mentor other engineers.
- Communicate the projected costs of a case to clients to help manage the clients’ expectations. Complete project files within established budgets, reviewing and approving monthly billing statements for all case files assigned. Assist in resolution of client complaints and billing questions that cannot be resolved through the accounting team.
- Prepare and present marketing presentations and perform other marketing functions in accordance with corporate directives to sustain productivity of team personnel.
- Develop technical knowledge by studying, reading, taking classes, attending seminars, learning from others, using videos and other resources available. Attend courses specifically focused in technical area of expertise, as well as courses developed for accident reconstruction. Keep abreast of new technologies and developments.
- Responsible for the accomplishment of billable goal requirements.
- Manage team fieldwork equipment use and maintenance. Make recommendations for new equipment. Hold a Professional Engineering license in the State of Florida and complete the continuing education required to maintain this license.
Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree with an active P.E. license in Florida or ability to obtain one
A minimum of 10 years of experience in forensic engineering and accident reconstruction
Good communication skills and writing skills
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ability to work well with others in a Team Environment
Strong organizational and time management skills
Customer Service oriented and can form strong lasting relationships with clients
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at any given time
Ability to travel approximately 25% – 40%
Honest with high Integrity, Flexibility, Adaptability, and Professionalism
Quality Forensic Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work in a smoke free and drug free environment. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits and holiday package. Training opportunities are encouraged and paid for by the company. We strive to be as paper-free as possible and environmentally friendly. Safety is important to us and we provide safety training which includes documented safety processes and procedures as well as on-the-job safety training.